Tuesday, May 28, 2013

The minutes from last years meeting have been posted here to give members planing to attend this year an opportunity to read them before the meeting on the 4.6.13. There are no attachments.

Annual General Meeting – Changed to a Committee Meeting as not enough for a quorum
Held on Saturday 24 June 2012. 2.25p.m. 
The Tindell Room, Lake House, Takapuna, Auckland.

Presidents welcome and report. Dale-Cormack Pearson

Present: Glenice Martin, Gill Carlsson, Mary Starr, Jan Leonard, Hillary Barnes

Apologies: Ann Cooper, Roselda Stevens, Tom Smith, Theresa Cashmore, Pam Fricker, Merryl Houghton, Margaret Smith, Hilary Lewis, Bevan Holmes.

Confirmation of the minutes of the previous AGM held on 18 June 2011. Typing error made to the constitution in regard to quorum. Not able to hold an AGM at this time until clarification made, need to contact Tom Smith, Dale to do. 
*Added to minutes after clarification with Tom Smith : 5/8th of the committee members need to present to make a quorum, this is to be added to the constitution before being printed and sent to all current members.
Moved Gill Carlsson seconded Glenice Martin

Presidents Report: 
Read by Dale Cormack-Pearson, copy attached.
Moved: Gill Carlsson 
Seconded: Jan Leonard

Treasure’s Report:
Presented and read by Glenice Martin, copy attached.
Moved: Jan Leonard
Seconded:  Gill Carlsson

Editor Report:  
Moved: Gill Carlsson
Seconded: Jan Leonard

Librarian Report: 
Moved: Glenice Martin
Seconded: Hillary Barnes

Far North Liaison Officer: No report available. To be looked into for future.

Northland Liaison Officer:  No report available. To be looked into for future.

Wellington Liaison Officer:  Maggie Salter to continue in this role. All present agreed.- report read out 

Waikato and Area Liaison Officer:  Pam Fricker to continue in this role. All present agreed  - 
report read out

Warkworth Liaison Officer  Gill Carlsson
All present agreed - report read out

Election of Officers to the committee of the Society;    These members have been co-opted in to these roles. Mary Starr, Hilary Barnes, Jan Leonard, Tom Smith, Roselda Stevens.
Hillary Barnes has been co-opted to be blog editor.
Jan Leonard, Glenice Martin and Dale-Cormack Pearson will assist with workshop arrangements for the time being. Future workshops to be looked into  Dominic Hurly – Spenserian, Deirdre Hassed ?
General Business
Rooms still needed for classes and group meetings in the evenings during the week  Dale to check out Embroiderer's Gild in Mt Eden.
Request from Gill for use of the library for her group up in Warkworth so some of the available books will be moved there for the time being.

Archivist: Barbara Ellis
All agreed

As unable to run an AGM all roles have remained the same for the time being.
Meeting closed at 3.40pm.
Afternoon tea and discussion about making Victorian items for Lake House Exhibition later in the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment