Sunday, January 25, 2015

Liesbet Boudens


Liesbet Boudens work caught my eye when I was looking through Pinterest. I wanted to collect some of her work together for inspiration and wrote to ask her if I would be allowed to do that and share with you. A quick response arrived with permission and she attached an article as well. Wasn't that genuinely a nice thing to do!  It always surprises me.



Liesbet writes in the article 'My first ventures into the world of letters were made using the calligraphic pen, which incidentally was my father's medium as well. Gradually I changed from written to freely drawn and painted letters on paper, canvas and walls. Pattern, rhythm and colour are very important in my work.'

Her website has been tampered with and she is in the middle of repairing it. This is the link I have but not all is working yet.



If you would like to share with us some calligraphy related information send article and pictures to  the blog please click here for our email address






                                                                                                                                                   
                                                                                                                                                  

Jean Larcher has died. http://www.larchercalligraphy.com

                                                                                                                                                                   

The internet has obituaries from many, many people and organisations that Jean knew and worked with. His partner, Katharine Pieper says he died on Saturday 17th January, after a short and serious illness.

                                                                                                                                                   
                      

No comments:

Post a Comment